According to a recent survey conducted by smartphone protection provider, Protect Your Bubble, 48% of people use their smartphone while working out.
However, corporate employees doing mid-day workouts at their company gym are most likely to damage their phone since they’re multi-tasking job duties while exercising.
This trend may grow, especially as new technology continues to make itself available.
“While workplace wellness programs are available and can be beneficial to employees, the pressures of their job duties almost always force them to multi-task especially when working out over a lunch break,” said Protect Your Bubble insurance expert Stacy Vogler.
- 24% of employees in corporate environments take advantage of wellness programs according to a recent Gallup study.
- Employers are encouraging their employees to exercise before, after and some times even during work hours.
- Many corporate entities have even built fitness centers on site.
- Responding to work-related emails takes a higher level of concentration than it does to respond to friends or family.
- That heightened importance can cause people to drop their phones during a workout.
- Lastly, worrying about email on your phone takes away from the effectiveness of your workout.
Based on insurance claims, Protect Your Bubble is aware of a growing number of instances where people have damaged their smartphones during their mid-day fitness routines.
Whether they accidentally step on them in between sets of lifting weights or the devices malfunction due to sweat being trapped inside the moisture sensor, damage is a real threat.